Image Map

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

What's in your Garden? Wood Panel Decor

One of the things we love about our house is the garden ;)

Few months ago we had to install 2 wood panels on our fence:


Do you wonder why? Well.. Canito, our dog, decided it was very funny to bite and destroy the plastic cover of the fence.

Wanna see a proof? there:
Thank you Canito..
Anyway, I didn't like those panels so much so I decided to make a Garden decoration out of them ;)

I painted both of them in green:


A tip for you: do not make any painting, crafting, etc under the sun.. I was boiling so much I didn't think I could make it till the end!!

Once the paint was dry I started decorating the panel with a golden phrase ;) 


Now, if anybody tells you that this is very easy although it's the first time you do it.. don't believe them! ;)

At first, it was easy..until this happened:
meh :/

Not nice!!! Luckily I still had some colour left and managed to correct the mistakes :)

This is how my fence looks like now:

My three boys enjoying the sun and the garden ;)

Do you like the outcome? The sentence I wrote is my homage to our nice garden that Stefano defines "our piece of paradise" : "If you would have a mind at peace, a heart that can-not harden, go find a door that opens wide upon a lovely garden".


I hope I have inspired you a little!

Until next time,
Daniela

12 comments:

  1. This turned out really pretty and now your pup can't destroy that fence! Thanks so much for sharing it at LWSL this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ruth! I hope that the problem is finally sorted!

      Delete
  2. Thank you Camila! I'll jump right into it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man those silly dogs. Mine likes to dig. When we lived it Tucson it wasn't a big deal because we had a cinder block fence. There's not much he can do to that. But here he can just slip on under our wood picket fence and chase squirrels and bunnies to his little heart's content and aggravating me. This is a great solution for your problem :) You did a great job! Stencils are a great idea but can be troublesome, I know from personal experience too :) Krista @ A Handful of Everything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't tell me!! we had to install a net (similar to the chicken net) on the ground, so he can't dig that much! Looks like it's working and the grass is green again and covered the net perfectly :)

      Delete
  4. You have a real ability for writing unique content. I like how you think and the way you represent your views in this article. I agree with your way of thinking. Thank you for sharing. biscuit joiner for salebiscuit joiner harbor freightbiscuit joiner dewaltbiscuit joiner lowesbiscuit joiner porter cablehow to use a biscuit joinercheap biscuit joinermilwaukee biscuit joiner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good website! I truly love how it is easy on my eyes it is. I am wondering how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your RSS which may do the trick? Have a great day! https://www.bistroset.guide/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes your blog is very helpful. It's amazing and unique ideas. Thanks for sharing your unique thinking with us.
    We offer huge variety of Artificial Grass in UAE.
    Click to visit our website: Artificial Grass Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your amazing ideas with us. It's really helpful for me!
    We also providing home decoration services in UAE. We offer huge variety of Blinds Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got the privilege of cleaning up the brush and completing your assigned job. how-to-start-a-woodworking-business.s3.amazonaws.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing beats the warmth and ambiance of a crackling fireplace. If you are looking at purchasing or upgrading a fireplace, wood stove or fireplace insert or any hearth appliance there are lots of choices. you need to know

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comment or feedback, they make me smile and I will be more than happy to answer :)