Image Map

Monday, April 22, 2013

The Owl mug

In the past few months I saw many pins on pinterest about plain mugs painted with Sharpie.

I loved the way some mugs have come out!

1. The style of this one is very simple and delicate! I love the spots on the handle.


http://artchoo.com/sharpies-kids-make-great-art/


2. These two mugs are fantastic!!
It is a very original and personal idea: well done to Elsie ;)  Now, if I had to follow this idea, both mugs would be about coffee..no green tea in my house!


http://abeautifulmess.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/06/his-her-sharpie-mug-diy.html

3. This mug is beatiful! My first thought was "the person who made this has a lot of patience!" I couldn't be that good!

Jenny Starks - Pinterest

After so much inspiration I decided to create my own personal mug!

I bought this mug for 35p:


You see "The baking book"? mmmmh :) I can't wait to start working on it!

Back to the mug:

I have realized I didn't have any owl themed mug (!!) so I had to create one.  I'm not going to write a step by step process since you can find it everywhere;)

This is the final result after the mug cooled down (remember you have to bake it at 350F/200°C):


There's more.....
Ta-chaa

Do you like my two love owls?

Until next time,
Daniela

4 comments:

  1. These are so adorable! Oh, now I am going to have to decorate a mug for myself! Super idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You!! The thing is that they are so easy to make and you can be very creative ;) they can be personal mugs but also nice presents.

      Delete
  2. fun! Did it stay on? When I used sharpie it came right off in the wash :o(... love your owls though! Thanks so much for taking the time to link up to the Tasteful Tuesday party @Nap-TimeCreations.com. Make sure to follow my blog via bloglovin, GFC or facebook so you don't miss out on my features posts... it could be YOU :o)
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it did, although it fainted a bit ;) I'm in Italy right now and bought some colours for ceramic...I'm looking forward to test them! Daniela

      Delete

Please leave your comment or feedback, they make me smile and I will be more than happy to answer :)