Image Map

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Chevron Wall Art..for free!

Hi all,


Welcome to my blog!!

I am pretty excited to start this new adventure with my blog – a space I have dreamt of for a long time :).

Few weeks ago, I decided I had enough of my boring lounge and wanted to add something colorful that included one of my favorite statement of the moment:  “You are not the mistake you have made”… (Stop and think about it: it's a nice statement, isn't it?)
  

And.. What's better than the trendy “Chevron” pattern to start with? 


Googling around few blogs and websites I found the following one, and I immediately fell in love with it:



If you like Chevron patterns, I highly recommend you to check the other versions at Doodlecraft :) They’re free and a-m-a-z-i-n-g!!!!

Since I’m no professional designer nor a photoshop amateur, I tried to work with the tools I had... cough cough...meaning Microsoft Office [I know, I should be ashamed of myself but wait to see the result!!].

I have copied the pattern on a Word file and created a text box. That was easy peasy, but then I started to check fonts.. and there I spent almost 2 hours because I couldn't take a decision!

Finally, the font I used is "Brush Script MT" and I still like it a lot. 



I am pretty proud of the outcome:
 


When I feel down I look at the picture and I feel much better and in peace. We do make mistakes, we can’t change this, but we learn from them and we can become better people day by day – mistakes do not determine our personality.

What about you? Are you passionate about chevron patterns? Do you have a favourite statement that helps you relax and find peace? 

Until next time,
Daniela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment or feedback, they make me smile and I will be more than happy to answer :)