Image Map

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Pumpkin pound cake ..starbucks wannabe..

Since the last 2 days I have been receiving hundreds of repins for my fall decor post - it makes me so happy and wanted to let you know that I am very grateful + 100% motivated to do more and better :)

Now let's go back to the nitty gritty....Did you know you won't find any canned pumpkin here in Spain (nor Italy for that matter)? I clearly didn't know that!!!

Let me tell you: few days ago, I found an amazing recipe for a Pumpkin pound cake copycat from starbucks. I was so excited and really wanted to bake it until I received a big punch in the face: I realised (after 3 days of hard research) that the main ingredient [Canned Pumpkin] isn't stock here in Spain.......................What the heck?????

So it was goodbye to "Sturbucks copycat" and Hello to "Wannabe Starbucks Pumpkin pound cake" {because I don't give up so easily}

Here it is:




.......I used fresh Pumpkin!

If you have the same problem (or simply don't like canned pumpkin), feel free to use my recipe:





I can ensure you that the cake was as good as the original! I brought it in the office and my colleagues loved it :)

The original recipe can be found at somethingswanky :)




Enjoy!

Until next time,
Daniela


6 comments:

  1. This look so delicious! I'd love for you to link up at my craft party this week at Sewlicious Home Decor!

    Marti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment and the invitation :) have a nice day, Daniela

      Delete
  2. Yumm! I will have to try this!
    I have a giveaway going on and today is the last day to enter, would love for you to check it out!
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com/2013/10/sponsorship-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there

    Steph from Steph Loves Cake stopping by from Tasty Tuesdays. This looks lovely and no butter or oil used, bonus! Thanks for sharing, I will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it :) have a nice day, Daniela

      Delete

Please leave your comment or feedback, they make me smile and I will be more than happy to answer :)