Image Map

Friday, August 9, 2013

Food to Crave for: Baked Aubergines [with Cous Cous and Apricots]

It's been long since I've posted about food and recipes, but today is the day!

As you know I love aubergines and I absolutely like to cook them {and eat them as a consequence}.

Today's dish is Baked Aubergines with cous cous and apricots ;)


They were yummy!!! I wasn't sure about the apricots, but the final result was delicious.


They can be served with tzatziki cream, but since "somebody" had eaten all the greek yoghurts I had to improvise and made a feta cheese salad with cucumber and mint.


Ingredients:

1 aubergine
50 gr (2 oz) cous cous
1/2 onion {chopped}
1 garlic clove {crushed}
50 gr dried apricots {chopped}
2 table spoons of chopped mint
2 table spoons of chopped parsley
2 table spoons Parmesan cheese {grated}


some of the ingredients

Proceedings:

Cut the aubergines in half, brush them with olive oil and place them on a baking sheet. I have made some cuts in the flesh, this way it was easier to scoop the pieces out:


   

Cook them in a preheated oven at 200C ( 400F) for 30 minutes. Scoop out the flesh and reserve the skins.


skins
just scooped out :)


In the meanwhile, place the cous cous in a bowl and pour the boiling water. Cover for 5 minutes and then fork through.

Heat some oil in a frying pan ( nonstick preferrably) and fry garlic and onion until golden. Add the apricots, cous cous, parmesan cheese, erbs and salt and stir through.

Spoon the mixture into the aubergine skins and return them to the oven for 10 minutes:

ready to be baked

If you want to serve them with my salad, You can mix : feta cheese, cucumber, chopped mint, olive oil, salt and a bit of black pepper - I didn't check the quantities but you can "guessestimate" ;)


...Ready for my stomach!


Buon appetito!!!

Until next time,
Daniela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment or feedback, they make me smile and I will be more than happy to answer :)