Image Map

Friday, May 17, 2013

Food to Crave for: Calzoncini with Tomato, Mozzarella and Ham

Last week-end we enjoyed a nice BBQ and I prepared some calzoncini with mozzarella, tomato and ham (because meat and salad wasn't enough! uhm...).



I called them calzoncini because I couldn't find any other name... the ingredients are the same but they are smaller and I gave them a round shape :)


What you need:
- Already made pizza dough (sorry didn't have time to prepare it myself....next time..)
- Tomato sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Ham
- Salt
- 1 egg

I have used a glass in order to cut out the circles I wanted:



Fill everything with the above listed ingredients:



Make sure you press well the edges so the mozzarella won't get out while cooking:



Use your finger to dab the egg wash on the calzonici and bake everything at 350F/180C until the calzoncini are golden.

Enjoy :)







I will post more pictures about the BBQ veeeery soon ;)

*****************************************************************

This post has been featured at:



nap-time creations


























Until next time,
Daniela

19 comments:

  1. I love these! They are cute and just the perfect size. Thanks for sharing a great idea! Krista @ A Handful of Everything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! they are perfect if you want to have lunch "al fresco" and you don't have to bring knives or make a mess cutting food ;)

      Delete
  2. This would be fun to make! My husband loves pizza and asks for it all the time, so I'm always looking for recipes to make it different, since I get kind of bored of the traditional pizza :)
    Jamie @ coffeewithus3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes! you can actually play with the food and fill them with anything you like! :)

      Delete
  3. These sound so yummy! And the perfect size for little ones too. My kids would LOVE these and we could make them together. We'll have to give these a try, thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you could actually play with your kids and make "calzoncini" in different shapes and sizes! that would be funny ;)

      Delete
  4. Yum, those look good and so many things you could put in there. Found you at ButterCream Bakehouse link party, thanks for sharing! Jill @MamaGing.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! you can put many different things in there and create also several shapes and sizes :)

      Delete
  5. I would love for you to share and link up at my TGIF Link Party. The party is open every Thursday night and closes Wednesday's at midnight.

    http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/

    Have a wonderful week!

    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will surely join your party today! Thank you for inviting me Cathy :)

      Delete
  6. yum! My husband would love this! Thanks for linking up to Tasteful Tuesdays and for the link back :o) Can't wait to see what you bring next week. Emily @ Nap-Time Creations
    oh, and I just posted looking for some help with my blog... maybe you can offer some advice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily! I'll check it and I hope I will be helpful. have a nice day, Daniela

      Delete
  7. Great idea for a quick snack or appetizer. Glad I saw these at A Glimpse Inside. I hope you'll come share at my weekly party: http://www.tumbleweedcontessa.com/blog/whatd-you-do-this-weekend-16/

    Best wishes for tasty dishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! of course I'll take part: what's better than a link party? ;) have a nice day

      Delete
  8. Thank you very much Emily :) I can't wait to check it out and to add a featured button on my post:D Have a nice day, Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for such an easy and fun recipe. I'm hoping I can get my picky 3 yr old to try these. He loves cheese pizza. Have a great holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natosha! I suggest you to put some tomato sauce on top of the calzoncini, should make them even tastier ;)

      Delete
  10. Daniela, these look amazing!! This post is being featured on my Tasty Thursdays party. Thanks for linking up!! Nichi http://mandatorymooch.blogspot.com/2013/05/tasty-thursdays-43.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!!!! I'm glad you liked my calzoncini :)

      Delete

Please leave your comment or feedback, they make me smile and I will be more than happy to answer :)